Substance AbUse Recovery Resource Links
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Al-Anon and Alateen
- Addiction Center
- Addiction Resource Guide
- Cocaine Anonymous World Services
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Nicotine Anonymous
- Gamblers Anonymous
- American Medical Association – Office of Alcohol & Other Substances: Monitors the treatment trends and medical data on alcohol and drug addiction, especially treatment, and maintains a large database on addiction-related research findings and practice journals.
- American Psychiatric Association’s Council on Addiction Psychiatry: A collection of physicians specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of addiction illnesses and substance abuse.
- American Society for Addiction Medicine: Maintains a website full of information and resources for educating physicians on addiction disease and encouraging appropriate treatment for those suffering from addiction; highlights include a doctor referral database, reviews of medical research, and topical articles on addiction medicine and care.
- Center for Substance Abuse Research: (CESAR) Collects and disseminates research and program data on addiction treatment and advocacy. CESAR also provides technical assistance/training and distributes a short news brief that can be faxed to you automatically.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: (SAMSHA) A division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, maintains a website containing highlights of the national programs on addiction, a collection of research publications, and a searchable database with a wide variety of documents.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America: (CADCA) A coordinating body of many drug addiction coalitions around the country that supports organizations with technical assistance and training, public policy, media strategies and marketing programs and conferences.
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association: Advocates for improved workplace addiction treatment and improved healthcare coverage of treatment and recovery.
- Article by Focus Treatment Centers: Recognizing and Remedying Prescription Drug Abuse: Healthscope Magazine
Home | Substance Abuse Resources