If you are interested in any position listed below or possible future opportunities with Focus Treatment Centers, please send your resume or CV to Susan Kerr or fax to the Human Resource Department at (423) 308-2563.
Substance Abuse Unit - Primary Counselor
Focus Treatment Centers is seeking a candidate to join our team as a Primary Counselor. Position requires that candidate possess a Master's Degree and hold an LPC or be licensure eligible in the State of Tennessee in the counseling field and be able to conduct individual, family, and group sessions, as well as complete required documentation in accordance with facility policies and procedures. Must have experience working with patients suffering from substance abuse. Eating Disorder experience a plus. Pre-employment background check is required.
Eating Disorder Unit - Registered Nurse, night-shift
Focus Treatment Centers is seeking a candidate to join our nursing team on our eating disorder unit. Position requires that candidate be a RN in the State of Tennessee with preferred experience working with patients suffering from eating disorders and psychiatric disorders. Pre-employment background check is required.
Chemical Dependency Unit - PRN Program Technician, days and nights
Personnel in this position function under the direct supervision of the Nurse Executive and will assist the clinical team in patient care through an interdisciplinary team process. This includes psycho-educational group presentations, monitoring of patients, admission of patients to unit, and participate in the daily care of patients and families. In addition, program technician will also perform the following duties:
- Perform admissions and orientation of the patient to the unit.
- Conduct patient check of belongings upon admission.
- Participate in daily multidisciplinary meeting to discuss psychosocial assessment, treatment planning and ongoing discharge planning.
- Supervise urine collection of patient.
- Conduct crisis intervention with the supervision of Nurse Executive
- Escort patients to appointments as indicated by supervisor.
- Conduct educational lectures for patients and families, at admission, during facility stay and after discharge, as indicated.
- Document patient progress and participation in educational lectures.
- Serves as a liaison between clinical staff and patients, keeping staff informed of high-risk issues.
- Ensures the whereabouts of patients at various levels of observations and documents same.
- Document in chart contacts with patients in accordance with department and facility procedure.
- Worksheets documented according to department and facility policy and procedure.
- Other documentation completed in accordance with federal, state and Joint Commission regulations.
Education: High School Diploma required. Understanding of chemical dependency. Coursework in psychology preferred.
Hours: Days and Nights. Must be willing to work some nights (7p-7a). Position is PRN. Drug screen and background check is required.